Sunday, January 5, 2014

Did someone say "back"?

Tomorrow is Monday, January 6th and we go back to school. It will be a much needed work day to get ready for the troops, but I will likely be in the doctor's office. When I said,"back" I was not referring to returning to school. I was talking about my completely messed up back that has me stuck on the couch. 

Yesterday, in a moment of good wifeness, I was bending over to tuck in the bed sheet that my hubby always kicks loose. As I went to stand....OOOOOOWWWWW. At first I wasn't sure what was going on. Cramp, gas, what the heck?!?!? I was running a bath and leaning on the bathroom sink trying to figure it out as I felt a warm (not a good kind of warm) swelling feeling spread across my lower back, around my hip, and down my leg. Okay, not temporary and not gas. I figured the bath would help loosen up anything that seized up on me, and clearly something had. 

The bath was great, relaxing, and helped with the pain....that is until I tried to stand up. After much grunting and groaning and maneuvering I was able to get out, dry off, dress (oh that was a trick) and head back downstairs to hubby. After telling him what had happened, he had me on the couch with the rice bag, hot tea (later an adult beverage), and a great football game. He made dinner and did what he could to keep me comfy. He even walked the dog (usually something I do at night). 

I dreaded getting out of bed this morning, but finally realized moving was probably a good thing. Maybe in the long run, in the big picture, but in the moment WHOOOOOAAAA! So I've been on the couch for most of the day. Hubby has been a sweetie and taken great care of me. Tomorrow I will go to the doctor's, but if my self-diagnosis is correct I'm in for a bit of a haul. One good thing....and yes, there is always a good thing.....is since it's a work day tomorrow, I will be able to get to the doctor's. Students come on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I'll still be hobblin' around, but I have no doubt they will help an "old" lady out. They are terrific like that. 

Another good thing....with no where to go, I have spent most of the day putting together my first week's lessons for math and health. Now if I can just get in there and get set up, all will be right with the world...pain in the back or no pain in the back.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Apparently my body is falling apart at the seams. DDD in lower back along with arthritis in the same area. Today I'll be looking at options for treatment.

    ReplyDelete